This post is updated regularly to keep this list as up to date as possible. Last updated July 7, 2018.
There is on going national debate role of technology in current middle class job loss. Since creation of a vibrant working force requires several factors & involves several factors, this current debate is who is more responsible for this job loss? Is it robots killing jobs? or China taking our jobs? or Government trade policies that is responsible? In this post, I am putting together a selected lists of recent articles on the role of technology & trade policies on the current work force for easy reference.
Jobs & Technology
- High-Skilled White-Collar Work? Machines Can Do That, Too. The New York Times: July 7.
- The Robots Are Coming, and Sweden Is Fine. The New York Times: December 27.
- Trade Worries Led Wisconsin Town to Uneasy. The New York Times: November 24.
- No, That Robot Will Not Steal Your Job. The New York Times: October 7.
- Becoming a Steelworker Liberated Her. Then Her Job Moved to Mexico. The New York Times: October 14.
- As Amazon Pushes Forward With Robots, Workers Find New Roles. The New York Times: September 10.
- In the Future, Warehouse Robots Will Learn on Their Own. The New York Times: September 10.
- Rise of the machines. The Washington Post: August 5, 2017.
- In Weary Wisconsin Town, a Billionaire-Fueled Revival. The New York Times | Business Day: August 5, 2017.
- How Not to Get a Job. The New York Times: July 7, 2017.
- The Online Marketplace That’s a Portal to the Future of Capitalism. The New York Times Magazine: May 4, 2017.
- There is a jobs crisis brewing that the Trump administration should not ignore. The Washington Posts Innovations Perspective: April 1, 2017.
- Janesville: An American Story. The Washington Posts Innovations Perspective: April 15, 2017.
- From ‘Zombie Malls’ to Bonobos: America’s Retail Transformation. The New York times: April 15, 2017.
- The robot scabs are coming to take your jobs. By Don Howard. CNN Opinion. April 15, 2017.
- As Retail Goes, So Goes the Nation. The New York times Editorial: April 21, 2017.
- America’s manliest industries are all competing for women. The Washington Post: April 21, 2017.
- Meet the People Who Train the Robots (to Do Their Own Jobs). The New York times: April 28, 2017.
- Picking on robots won’t deal with job destruction. The Washington Posts Opinion: March 6, 2017.
- How to Beat the Robots. The New York times: March 7, 2017.
- ‘This is an all hands on deck thing’: A former Obama technology adviser on robots, jobs and cyberwarfare. The Washington Posts: March 8, 2017.
- Robots aren’t killing the American Dream. Neither is trade. This is the problem. The Washington Post: March 10, 2017.
- Sorry, a Robot Is Not About to Replace Your Lawyer. The New York Times Magazine: March 19, 2017.
- Evidence That Robots Are Winning the Race for American Jobs. The New York times: March 28, 2017.
- Learning to Love Our Robot Co-Workers. The New York Times Magazine: Feb 23, 2017.